South Korea's foreign minister held a series of talks with his Malaysian and Indonesian counterparts in San Francisco this week and requested for their countries' support in South Korea's bid to host the 2030 World Expo, his office said Saturday.
Park Jin made the request during separate meetings with Malaysian Foreign Minister Zambry Abdul Kadir and Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi on Tuesday on the margins of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) ministerial meeting.
During his talks with Zambry, Park also requested support from Malaysia in efforts to elevate relations between South Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations next year to a "comprehensive strategic partnership," according to Seoul's foreign ministry.
- [사진] 부산 깡통시장 간 윤 대통령과 기업 총수들
- Solbi talks about dealing with malicious online comments in documentary
- Seoul shares open tad higher on tech, financial gains
- Korean students outperform OECD average amid pandemic havoc: data
- [KH Explains] Banks, regulators trade blame for snowballing ELS losses
- 6 outgoing ministers ‘strong candidates’ for general elections: ruling party
- [Herald Review] Musical 'Yujin and Yujin' captivates Taiwanese audience
- Another search targets opposition leader in corruption probe